Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meet Mr. Dekerf!


As most of you have now realized, we have a new principal at T.E. Scott!  I had a chance to ask Mr. Dekerf a few questions so we could get to know him a bit better:

Q:  What schools have you worked at?
A:  Colebrook, Lena Shaw, Chantrell Creek, Crescent Park, Latimer Road, Beaver Creek, and T.E. Scott

Q:  What grades have you taught?
A:  Grades 3,4,5,6,7 and combinations of these

Q:  Have you always wanted to be a teacher/principal?
A:  When I was younger, I wasn't sure what I wanted to become.  At one time I thought that I may want to be a band teacher and later I thought of becoming a city planner or architect.

Q:  Do you live in Surrey?
A:  Yes, we live near Crescent Beach.

Q:  Have you always lived in Surrey?
A:  I grew up in Burnaby and later lived in Vancouver, before moving out to Surrey, 17 years ago.

Q:  What activities do you like to do in your spare time?
A:  Reading, running, walking, watching basketball, gardening, camping, traveling

Q:  Do you have any children?
A:  Yes, my wife and I have two daughters, who are aged 15 and 17.

Q:  How long have you worked in Surrey?
A:  I have been an educator in the Surrey School District for the past 18 years.

Q:  Is there anything else that you'd like the T.E. Scott community to know about you?
A:  I loved being a classroom teacher and now feel so fortunate to be the school principal at T.E. Scott.

Thanks, Mr. Dekerf!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i know mista dekerf wayyy betta
u rok man u rok

Anonymous said...

This is great. I would love to see what a grade 3/7 split class would look like!

I like this profile and I think you should get more going on this site. How about one on Mr. Poon himself?

Anonymous said...

Mr.Dekerf you rock and you are a very nice, genorous person, and you rock!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

u rock mr.dekerf and u always will.






ekamjot athwal

heehehehe said...

true dat!!!!